Meet Anabel Miranda! I've had the pleasure of getting to know Anabel over the past few years & when I asked if we could do a feature on her, we sure were taken back by her genuine responses & the breathtaking photography shared by J P Miles.
......"What I love most about teaching is the energy I share with my students. It's what I see in their eyes, a love for themselves- the opportunity they get of seeing and feeling like the very best version of who they are, of realizing that in essence we are all One."
Keep reading to learn more about this passionate soul shine loving woman!
1. First off, where are you originally from?
I was born and raised in Panama City, Panama.
2. HOW HAS IT HELPED SHAPE THE PERSON THAT YOU ARE TODAY?
My great grandfather on my mother's side came to Panama from China to work in the Canal, and my great grandmother on my father's side was a native Panamanian. Like a lot of people from my country, I am a mix of a few ethnicities. My love for Mother Earth is deeply rooted from my ancestors.
3. Where do you currently live?
I currently live in Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica.
4. Favorite items in your home?
My comfy bed, my Nutri Bullet, my outdoor shower. My Sofi is not an item, but she's the most important in this house or any other:)
5. How long have you been a practicing yoga?
I have been practicing for about 15 years.
6. WHEN DID YOU KNOW YOU WANTED TO TEACH YOGA?
I first wanted to teach yoga when I realized how good it made me feel. I thought: hey, you can teach people how to feel good too! How to listen to their hearts, how to expand their energy, how to change from within.
7. WHAT INSPIRES YOU?
I am deeply inspired by Nature, by her power, abundance, and her forgiving energy. I am inspired by people's kindness, by the people that thrive even in the face of adversity. I am inspired by Love, it is what motivates me the most. All kinds of expressions of love.
8. Favorite Food?
Anything with avocado. Or chocolate :)
9. What do you love most about being a yoga teacher?
What I love most about teaching is the energy I share with my students. It's what I see in their eyes, a love for themselves- the opportunity they get of seeing and feeling like the very best version of who they are, of realizing that in essence we are all One.
10. What do you love most about living in Costa Rica?
What I love most about living here is Nature. Abundance of animals, waves, beautiful sunsets and the amazing people I am lucky to call my friends.
11. We see you are a Vegan, do you have any advice for people thinking about going plantbased?
Oh yes, start with one meal per day without any animal food. Then change it to one day per week, and so on. Don't be hard on yourself, it may not happen overnight, but once you realize the existence of all the amazing foods out there, and how good you can feel without eating animals you will be hooked! Loving yourself, the environment, and all animals :)
12. What is a typical day like for you?
A typical day: when the waves are good I will go for an early boogie boarding session. The ocean is glassy in the morning, and there is nothing like starting your day catching a few waves. Gets better if you get barreled ;). If there are no waves I will sit in meditation, do a self practice and have breakfast, or walk my Sofi before that. Depending on the day I will go teach a class, go to the gym, or work from home. At least one time a day I will create a beautiful meal, as I absolutely love cooking.
13. Any special projects you are working on?
I am currently working on promoting my next teacher training program here in Costa Rica! Yoga Revolution Academy has become a reality!
14. Your favorite place to chill out is....
Sitting on the sand or on a cafe, watching the sunset.
15. How would you describe your style?
My style is fresh, boho-chic-surfer-girl. And everything in between!
16. Live anywhere in the world… where would that be?
I would like to go back to Thailand for a while. Close to the ocean, there is so much beauty.
17. Your Greatest Dream?
Thrive doing what I love, find my soulmate, and spread love and awareness.
18. One thing you wish every woman would take home as far as body image goes?
Let the beauty of who you are shine from your heart. Be comfortable in your own skin and take shit from nobody!
19. Chasing your dreams and believing that you can do ANYTHING… What does it take?
- Breaking a few rules along the way will be necessary.
- Believing in yourself, even if you are constantly listening to negative comments about your life choices. Let your inner wisdom speak louder than the voices of those who have no faith in you.
- Learning that painful experiences are often lessons in disguise.
- Celebrate everything that brings you closer to your goals! Celebrate life.
- Be stubborn. If you really want something, go get it.
20. Happiness means...
Happiness to me is being surrounded by love. Offering yourself as you truly are. Seeing my loved ones enjoying their life. Finding my calling and and offering my unique gift to the world.