Bake a batch of these super soft, gooey, vegan cinnamon rolls to make your Sunday morning a little bit sweeter. Is there anything better than a warm cinnamon roll with a cup of coffee after all? This is my favorite, most simple recipe. Only 7 steps, and now it’s yours!
Here's what you'll need:
- Transfer mixture to a large mixing bowl and sprinkle on yeast. Let the yeast activate for 10 minutes and then add 1 tbsp. of sugar and the salt and stir.
- Next, add in flour 1/4 cup at a time, stirring as you go. Dough will be sticky. When it’s too thick to stir, transfer to a lightly floured surface and knead for a minute or so until it forms a loose ball. Rinse your mixing bowl out, coat it with oil and add your dough ball back in. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm place to rise for about an hour, or until doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface roll out the dough into a thin rectangle, brush with 3 tbsp of melted butter and top with 1/4 cup sugar and 1/2-1 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Starting at one end tightly roll up the dough and situate seam side down. Then with a serrated knife cut the dough into 1.5-2 in. sections and position in a well buttered 8x8 square pan. (about 10 rolls) Brush with remaining butter (2 tbsp) and cover with plastic cover wrap. Let rise while pre-heat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Once oven is hot, bake rolls for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve.
- Optional: Frost with dairy-free cream cheese frost.
Ingredients for frosting:
-4 Oz. dairy-free cream cheese
-4 tbsp vegan butter
-1/4 tsp vanilla extract
-2-2 1/2 cup powdered sugar
Nutrition: (doesn’t include frost)
Serving: 1 Roll Calories: 243 Fat: 9 g.
Saturated fat: 3 g. Carbs: 34 g. Sugar: 5 g.
Sodium: 174 mg. Fiber: 1.4 g. Protein: 4.2 g.
(Makes about 10)